I’m writing today about something new and thrilling! You might remember the Thermally Broken or Separated Cabreeze™ blog post a few months ago. It’s the concept that a building can have conditioned space (interior heated and/or cooled space) that can open to the outdoors. Today it’s a real life concept!
You might be wondering… inside dining room or outdoor veranda?
In metropolitan areas, outdoor space is a hot commodity: unused horizontal space sells at a premium and with rain and wind and cool weather, it’s hard to justify a patio that can only be used 40-60 days per calendar year.
So Crooked Pint Ale House in Apple Valley, MN did something that has never been done before: they added a Cabrio Structures’ thermally separated retractable Cabreeze™ to their new build.
Crooked Pint’s roof and wall system is one-of-a-kind. We basically built their ceiling and exterior wall . . . with one dramatic benefit: everything is retractable.
- Instead of an immobile ceiling, we installed thermally separated Cabreeze™ retractable roof.
- Instead of immobile, opaque walls, we installed Opening Walls.
We believe that if you’re going to have a patio at all, you might as well use it 365 days each year.
Benefits for Crooked Pint:
- indoor dining room (or, depending on your viewpoint, the outdoor patio space) becomes larger
- open patio 365 days per year
- dining room 365 days per year
- 100% guaranteed dry interior/exterior space
- energy efficient
- sound deadening
- Earth friendly
Benefits for Crooked Pint’s patrons:
Patio Season, 365 days per year! Every Day Of The Year.
Vitamin D during the summer AND winter. Plus, protection from harmful UV rays.