Holiday decorations can be beautifully inspired spaces for the Season of Joy. And, although reindeer are a part of the tradition, let’s move beyond the roof line up and toward the sophisticated atmosphere created by candles, lanterns, shimmering lights, and crackling fireplaces; the scent of a pine tree, wreaths and greenery; ornaments, red velvet ribbon and tulle.
If your patio is open to the elements, it is unusable for most of the winter season. These decorating touches will still create a beautiful scene for guests to gaze at from indoors or for the rubbernecking passerby.
If you are a Cabreeze owner, your retractable patio structure creates a temperature-controlled, safe haven for guests to enjoy Mother Nature to the fullest while staying warm and cozy. Which means these decorating touches can be enjoyed to the fullest as your guests roam your “outdoor” space in comfort.
So make your patio a Winter Wonderland attraction this season!
5 ways to make the most of your holiday decorating:
- Metal garden hooks can be used to hang wreaths or oversized ornaments.
- Create at table centerpiece using pine bough, or faux greenery, along with red berries or ribbon and candles.
- Hanging pots and baskets can be strung with twinkling lights and filled with ornaments.
- All-weather planters and birdbaths can hold holiday orbs or lights.
- Outdoor benches and patio tables can be used for greenery or holiday lanterns.
When you finish decorating, sit next to a roaring fire with a cup of Homemade Eggnog to admire your work.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe (Serves 2)
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 Organic, Free Range Eggs
- 2 Tb Raw Honey
- a dab of Organic Vanilla
- Dash of Organic Nutmeg
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, beat the whites until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the yolks and honey until frothy.
- Fold the yolk-and-honey mixture into beaten whites, and then fold in the vanilla and milk.
- Pour eggnog into two cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.